Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Nathan's Dedication



It's been a while. A LONG while. I've been so bad. I could make excuses like, "I post my life to Facebook so why should I maintain a blog?", but that just wouldn't do. Because the things I write about here are usually a little deeper than "Matt is eating cereal for breakfast" status updates. I want to write a quick note about my boy Nathan today. We dedicated him before our church a few weeks back, surrounded by family and friends. It was a very neat experience and blessing. We had prepared a scripture to be prayed over him ahead of time. It was this: I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD." And he worshiped the LORD there. 1 Samuel 1:27-28. While the pastor was praying over Nathan, Katie lifted him up high towards God in heaven and for the congregation to see and the funniest thing happened. He looked up towards the bright stage lights in the ceiling and started to smile and started to wave. The whole congregation got a good laugh. It might have just been the lights he liked, or the attention, but I kinda like to think he saw angels all around him.

Nathan, my boy, I love you so very much. You are a blessing from the LORD and you bring so much joy to your mother and I. We dedicate you to the LORD, for HIS service, all the days of your life.

No comments: